- Speed limit when entering the campground with a camper is 10 mph. Everywhere else in the campground is 5mph and is strictly enforced.
- Quiet time is from 11:00 pm to 8:00 am.
- Daytime guests are allowed to visit from 8 am to 10:30 pm.
- Your daytime guests must stop at the office to register before proceeding to your campsite.
- Daytime guests over the age of 13 must pay $5.00 to fish.
- If your daytime guest decides to stay the night, they must remain in your unit. If they stay in their vehicle, a fee will be applied.
- No golf carts or UTV/ATV's allowed in the campground. Electric scooters are allowed for those who need them due to medical reasons.
- Bicyclists must wear a helmet when riding their bike.
Absolutely no bike riding after dark.
- Do not leave cigarette butts on ground.
- Only park your vehicle on your site or designated areas shown on the map. No parking along the main road, in the grass, or on another camper's site.
- All trash must be bagged and tied before placing in the dumpsters located at the pavilion and propane filling station.
- Any cardboard that cannot be bagged must be broken down and placed underneath the dumpster to be picked up by staff.
- Do not discard mattresses, TVs, grills, or any other large items in our dumpsters. It is your responsibility to dispose of them properly.
- You may have fires in the provided fire ring on your site. If you move the fire ring and proceed to use after relocating it, you will be charged a $25.00 fine.
- Extinguish all fires before leaving the campground.
- Do not burn trash, cans, or lumber with nails in it. Firewood and clean lumber only.
- Lawn care is provided by the campground and is done during the week. We ask that you move everything out of your yard before leaving the campground.
Absolutely no form of outdoor carpets are allowed on grass, it will kill it.
- Do not cut or trim trees/limbs.
- Fireworks, sparklers, and other items of this nature are not permitted in our campground.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted as long as they are concealed and kept under control. Beverages must be kept at campsite only and are not permitted in public areas such as the playground, pavilion, or the ponds.
- Management is not responsible for accidents and/or lost/stolen items.
- Disorderly conduct of any kind will not be tolerated. First instance will be given a warning. Second instance will be handled by authorities.
Vandalism of any kind will not be tolerated.
- For emergencies, call 911. There is a landline phone available in the office for emergency use only. Emergency assistance from 911 is available in our campground.
If an emergency is present that requires assistance, inform the office so personnel can be directed to you quickly.
- No waste should be put in our ponds. Please keep all items that you take to the ponds with you, including your trash. Properly dispose of trash at your campsite.
- Children must be under adult supervision at all times when around the ponds.
- No vehicles or bikes parked in the beach area.
- There is no lifeguard on duty.
- No diving off dock.
- No jumping off the dock onto inflatables.
- No swimming after dark.
- No pets allowed in the designated swimming area.
- Small canopies may be placed on the outer edge of the beach area away from parking side.
PHOTO DISCLAIMER: During activities, we like to take pictures to upload on our website and Facebook page. Due to safety issues and concerns, all guests of the campground are asked to fill out and sign a Photo Release Form. This form must be completely filled out, signed, and returned to the office if you DO NOT want Carthage Gap Campground to post any pictures we may have with you/your family members in them. This allows us to edit and remove you/your family members listed on the form from photos taken in the campground that we may wish to use for marketing purposes. We will not post names of individual people in photos we use on Facebook or our website.
- Check-out is at 12:00 pm and check-in starts at 02:00 pm. We prefer that you arrive before dark to make things easier for everyone. If you arrive/leave outside of our designated check-in/check-out times, a $5.00 fee will be added to your stay. Please plan your trip accordingly.
- Ensure your water does not drip/leak from either end of your hose. Water will be turned off if found dripping/leaking.
- If you are towing a trailer and using it as a separate sleeping quarters, an additional fee will apply.
- Do not split wood in grass.
Do not place hot grates or cast iron in grass.
Do not pour grease (hot or cold) in the grass.
- Do not place any grills on top of picnic tables for use.
- Any damage to picnic tables provided by the campground will result in a fee.
Monthly & Seasonal/Seasonal Yearly Campers
- Any family member 18 and older that wishes to use your camper without you present will be charged the full nightly rate each night they stay.
- Seasonal campers must clean out their fire rings regularly. Bucket and shovel is available at shed. Ashes must be cool before dumping behind shed. Do not bag ashes. Do not put ashes in dumpster.
- No outside refrigerators.
- No outside storage units unless approved by management.
- No more than one load of wood should be stored at your site.
- Any site improvements must be approved by management and remains if/when you leave that site.
Applies to all campers
- The purchase of any site only entitles you and your family to the park facilities with the understanding that you obey all rules listed in General Rules.
- All camping rates include five people of any age. If you have more than five, each extra person has to pay a $5.00 nightly fee.
- There is a $10.00 fee for washing any RV unit or vehicle.
- Parents are responsible for their children's behavior.
- Children must return to campsite by dark or be accompanied by an adult.
- No riding bicycles under the pavilion at any time.
No riding bicycles between campsites.
No ramping your bike off of bath house handicap ramp or steep embankments.
No parking your bike on the bath house porch.
- Watch out for moving vehicles and people walking.
- Do not leave any trash or toys around either playground.
- Children are not allowed to play in the woods, climbing trees, or swinging from low branches.
- Absolutely no playing in the bath house.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult when taking showers in the bath house.
- Do not run between campsites and do not cut across other camper's yards.
- Children walking their pets must clean up after them.
- No pets allowed at either playground.
Holiday Weekend Reservation Cancellation
- Holiday weekend reservations are non-refundable. Due to the popularity of our Halloween event that is scheduled during the second week of October, it will be treated as a holiday weekend. Therefore, if your reservation is cancelled, your deposit will not be refunded.
- If you cancel your reservation within three or more weeks prior to the reserved date, a full refund check will be issued.
- If you cancel your reservation two weeks prior to the reserved date, a $15.00 processing fee will be deducted from your paid reservation. A refund check of the remaining amount will be issued.
- If you cancel your reservation anytime after the two-week grace period, there will be no refund.
- If you paid a deposit for another individual within a group and they do not show up, you are responsible for paying the full reservation amount for the vacant site.
- No refunds for early check-outs.
- If cancelled 15 days prior to arrival, a $15.00 processing fee will be removed from your deposit. Remaining will be sent to you by check.
Anything after 15 days is non-refundable.
Seasonal/Seasonal Yearly Cancellation
- Your $100.00 deposit is refundable if cancelled by January 31st of the opening season. It is not refundable after January 31st.
- If you pull out during camping season, site rental is non-refundable.
Pavilion Rental Cancellation
- If cancelled 15 days prior, a $15.00 processing fee will be issued. Anything after 15 days is non-refundable.
- Pets are allowed in our campground. If your dog is known to be aggressive, we ask that you leave them at home.
- Pets must be leashed at all times.
- No one should leave their pets unattended.
- Do not tether pets around trees on/near your campsite.
- Pets are not allowed in the swimming area.
- Pets are not allowed at the pavilion during scheduled activities.
- Pet owners should always clean up after their pets and be disposed of properly.
- Do not put individual doggie bags in our dumpsters. We and others will greatly appreciate this.
- Pet owners are strongly encouraged to have a copy of their pet's vet records during their stay.